Hear the latest on ICT GISP
ACS’ ICT Gateway to Industry Schools program connects and facilitates partnerships between secondary schools and their students, parents and educators with employers across the ICT sector in Queensland.
The Gateway to Industry Schools program (GISP) for Information and Communications Technology is one of four new priority industry sectors involved in the Queensland Government’s key industry-school engagement strategy taking the number of priority industry sectors to ten. The GISP is a component of a state-wide industry engagement and workforce development strategy to support the long-term development of a highly skilled workforce in Queensland.
ACS has developed a School and Industry Cluster model that aims to create foundation opportunities for young Queenslanders to make informed decisions on a career in the tech sector, to assist secondary school educators to better understand and teach the Australian Digital Technologies Curriculum and to connect our next generation to ICT employers in Queensland that is expected to grow by nearly 3% or 13 000 positions over the next 4 years.
Hear about the latest ICT GISP developments, case studies, news and industry trends here.
- Digitrek 21 2021-03-29 Students and teachers can attend a myriad of FREE technology workshops, training and even a student competition as part of the Digitrek 21 program.
- St Brendan's College 2021-02-11 St Brendan's College recently made it into mainstream media publication CQToday.
- Australian Cyber Week | ICT GISP 2020-10-30 The ICT Gateway to Industry Schools program joined forces with AustCyber to create a series of resources and events to acknowledge Australian Cyber Week and the need for citizens and businesses to get serious about Cyber Security.
- Welcome to the ICT GISP | Sunshine Coast Cluster Takes Shape 2020-10-16 Mountain Creek State High School, Sunshine Coast Council and AustCyber join forces to provide ICT Industry experience to students as part of the ICT Gateway to Industry Schools program.
- ACS Secures Gateway to Industry Schools Program for ICT in Queensland 2020-05-12 ACS has successful secured the newly created Gateway to Industry Schools Program (GISP) for the Information and Communications Technology sector in Queensland. This program is managed and funded by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) for a total contract value of $510,000 + GST.
More ACS News
The official ACS news feed. Get the latest on national and world tech news, ICT jobs, industry events, webinars, and how ACS can get you involved. You can also keep up-to-date with ACS technology news, and find a complete list of media releases and statements here.
Response to COVID-19
ACS is committed to doing our part to ensure the current Australian COVID-19 trend flattens, and to continue to deliver value to ACS members, stakeholders across the wider tech sector and Australians generally during this unprecedented time. Find more information on ACS' response here.
ACS Member Stories
Representing over 45,000 members, our Members work across industry, government, research, and education organisations. Hear their stories in their own words, showcasing their role in making Australia a world leader in technology talent, fostering innovation, and creating new forms of value.