Get the latest #ICTGISP News
ACS’ ICT Gateway to Industry Schools program connects and facilitates partnerships between secondary schools and their students, parents and educators with employers across the ICT sector in Queensland.
The Gateway to Industry Schools program (GISP) for Information and Communications Technology is one of ten priority industry sectors involved in the Queensland Government’s key industry-school engagement strategy. The GISP is a component of a state-wide industry engagement and workforce development strategy to support the long-term development of a highly skilled workforce in Queensland.
Hear about the latest ICT GISP developments, case studies, news and industry trends here. Search for #ictgisp on LinkedIn for more great news!
- Spotlight on The Conglomerate Squad: Winners of the 2023 Australian STEM Video Game Challenge A homeschooled sibling team - The Conglomerate Squad - recently won the Australian STEM Video Game challenge. They are the first team in the competitions history to become back-to-back winners! Read about Sonny, Isla, Mathieson and Michael's experience creating their game, Battle of Batone, and their trip to PAX where their game was showcased at ACER’s stall in the PAX Rising section.
- Innovative Workshop Series Sees 150 students Develop a Bionic Hand Recently, the ICT GISP collaborated with Advanced Manufacturing to conduct an intense week of workshops to 9 schools in our regions. Together, the ICT and AM teams reached over 150 students in years 9 to 11 who built a moveable bionic hand from scratch using Adafruit (a block-based code structure) and actuators along with string and cardboard.
- Welcome to Term 4! ICT GISP Newsletter Find out what events are happening this Term - View the Welcome to Term 4! ICT GISP Newsletter.
- ICT GISP Newsletter - Get the Gist! Term 3, 2023 View the Term 3, 2023 ICT GISP Newsletter, Get the Gist!
- Knoei Innovation Summit - Brisbane 2023 On the 9th of August, our very own GISP Project Manager Cynthia was a keynote speaker at the Knoei Innovation Summit in Brisbane. Following on from that, she also published an article in the Information Age titled 'Nurturing the innovation mindset'
- Hillcrest Students Visit Playside Games Studio 10 lucky students from Hillcrest Christian College on the Gold Coast were welcomed at Playside North Games Studio to hear from Senior Games Designer Nic and talented Project Art Lead Kelsey.
- Zenva Case Study: Vocational Training Success at Loganlea State High School Loganlea State High School experiences success in vocational training utilising the Zenva Schools platform.
- BiG Day In Gold Coast Returns BiG Day In Gold Coast Returns
- UQ BiG Day In 2023 The UQ BiG Day In has returned for 2023 - find out more!
- ACS Queensland Summit 2023 The ACS Queensland Summit 2023 went off with a blast!
- RoboRave 2023: Tech Skills Training and Team Work RoboRave 2023: Tech Skills Training and Team Work
- ICT GISP Connects Local Tech Leaders and Educators on the Gold Coast ICT GISP Connects Local Tech Leaders and Educators on the Gold Coast
- Celebrating International Girls In ICT Day 2023 Celebrating International Girls In ICT Day 2023
- 2023 AgriTech Careers Day Rockhampton 2023 AgriTech Careers Day Rockhampton
- Tech Careers Posts for School Careers Advisors Tech Careers Posts for School Careers Advisors
- Welcome Cynthia Gusman-Nolan Welcome Cynthia Gusman-Nolan
- International Women's Day 2023 International Women's Day 2023
- Levelling Up our Tech Experience at Playside Studios Levelling Up our Tech Experience at Playside Studios
- Assistive Technology Collaboration Assistive Technology Collaboration
- You Can Start your Tech Study Journey NOW! You Can Start your Tech Study Journey NOW!
- International Girls In ICT Day 2023 International Girls In ICT Day 2023
- 2023 School Leavers’ Guide to Jobs and Training 2023 School Leavers’ Guide to Jobs and Training
- AgriTech Immersion Day | Bundaberg AgriTech Immersion Day | Bundaberg
- #ictgisp at Tech Teachers State Conference #ictgisp at Tech Teachers State Conference
- Vital Tech Career and Education Research ACS Digital Pulse and Computer Education in Australian Schools: Two essential research publications completed by ACS in 2022.
- Fearless Futures in Tech at Somerville House The Fearless Futures event at Somerville House raised the bar in promoting tech careers to young females.
- Student Excursion to Go1 Student Excursion to Go1
- Cyber Security Work Experience Clarifies a Career Pathway in Tech Cyber Security Work Experience Clarifies a Career Pathway in Tech
- Student Excursion to Cyber Security Leader Student Excursion to Cyber Security Leader
- ICT GISP Connects Local Tech Leaders and Educators in Townsville ICT GISP Connects Local Tech Leaders and Educators in Townsville
- Student Work Experience at Sunshine Coast BDI Student Work Experience at Sunshine Coast BDI
- Term Two 2022 | Partnerships and Participation Term Two 2022 | Partnerships and Participation
- Cyber Security Excursion Cyber Security Excursion
- Educator to Industry Cairns Educator to Industry Cairns
- ACS ICT GISP Explained Watch an overview of the ICT GISP and check out the #ictgisp progress on LinkedIn
- Tech Careers at Trinity College Beenleigh Tech Careers at Trinity College Beenleigh
- BiG Day Ins are Back!! BiG Day Ins are Back!!
- International Girls In ICT Day | ICT GISP Schools Celebrate International Girls In ICT Day – Gold Coast and Logan City Region Schools Promote Careers in Tech for Females
- International Women's Day at Stuartholme School International Women's Day at Stuartholme School
- Adobe Creative Cloud Teacher PD with Dr Tim Kitchen Adobe Creative Cloud Teacher PD with Dr Tim Kitchen
- Case Study: Ignatius Park College Trials Professional Online Training Platform Zenva Academy combines with Ignatius Park College to deliver industry-standard software training
- 2021 Update Check out the update to see some highlights of 2021
- St Brendan's College St Brendan's College recently made it into mainstream media publication CQToday.
- Focus on Careers in Cyber Security The ICT GISP is focusing on Cyber Security careers in 2021. Listen to Project Manager Matthew Jorgensen talk about pathways from a secondary school perspective on AustCyber's OzCyber Unlocked.
- ICT GISP goes National The ICT GISP recently made it into the national mainstream media on Sky News and OzCyber Unlocked
- Digitrek 21 Students and teachers can attend a myriad of FREE technology workshops, training and even a student competition as part of the Digitrek 21 program.
- Australian Cyber Week | ICT GISP The ICT Gateway to Industry Schools program joined forces with AustCyber to create a series of resources and events to acknowledge Australian Cyber Week and the need for citizens and businesses to get serious about Cyber Security.
- Welcome to the ICT GISP | Sunshine Coast Cluster Takes Shape Mountain Creek State High School, Sunshine Coast Council and AustCyber join forces to provide ICT Industry experience to students as part of the ICT Gateway to Industry Schools program.
- ACS Secures Gateway to Industry Schools Program for ICT in Queensland ACS has successful secured the newly created Gateway to Industry Schools Program (GISP) for the Information and Communications Technology sector in Queensland. This program is managed and funded by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) for a total contract value of $510,000 + GST.
More ACS News
The official ACS news feed. Get the latest on national and world tech news, ICT jobs, industry events, webinars, and how ACS can get you involved. You can also keep up-to-date with ACS technology news, and find a complete list of media releases and statements here.
Response to COVID-19
ACS is committed to doing our part to ensure the current Australian COVID-19 trend flattens, and to continue to deliver value to ACS members, stakeholders across the wider tech sector and Australians generally during this unprecedented time. Find more information on ACS' response here.
ACS Member Stories
Representing over 45,000 members, our Members work across industry, government, research, and education organisations. Hear their stories in their own words, showcasing their role in making Australia a world leader in technology talent, fostering innovation, and creating new forms of value.